Athennian is an organization of people who are passionate about learning, building and sharing software to transform the legal industry. We’re looking to hire a key role to build out our corporate support group.
Athennian strives to build and operate elegant, user-friendly solutions that streamline difficult workflows and corporate governance management. Our software is a cloud-based legal entity and corporate records management platform. By integrating modern technologies (such as e-Signature, corporate secretary document automation, virtual minute books, and org charts), Athennian easily and effectively facilitates in-house legal subsidiary group management, and professional firm corporate client management. Athennian's clients include multinational companies with high volumes of tax-driven and M&A transactions, asset managers, and accounting, tax, finance, and legal teams. Check out athennian.com for more information.
As Contracts Coordinator, you will leverage your past experience in contracts administration, in-house legal teams, procurement/purchasing or other relationship-focused contracting to become a leader within Athennian’s corporate group. Your day as an Athennian employee is extremely varied and requires the ability to switch between tasks quickly while maintaining strong attention to detail. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Contracts Coordinator will be responsible for owning and nurturing key business relationships, (partners and vendors), and for offering critical support to our internal Delivery Success team as it takes care of our customers.
- Draft HR, partnership, vendor, customer contracts using and improving upon existing precedents
- Negotiate contract terms; review all third-party agreements
- Knowledge of standard commercial contract language and how to flag risks in third party agreements
- Research and implement best practices
- Work with outside counsel on complicated agreements and relationships
- Work with inside SysAdmin to assess and enforce security controls related to contracting
- Perform contract audits as required and recommend amendments to legacy contracts as per the company’s security and financial controls
- Knowledge of standard commitment approval workflows (including financial) and document execution controls
Ambitious Learner: You have a strong ability to quickly learn new systems and technology. You are a generalist, with a broad range of strengths and knowledge, and an aptitude for applying your strengths across disciplines and functions. You work well in teams and love to learn from your colleagues, but you can also research and get focused on your own when it’s crunch time.
Focused Creative: You have a strong track record of managing multiple tasks simultaneously with a focus on problem-solving. You love finding creative solutions to complex problems. Your focus and discipline are balanced by your creativity.
Diligent Builder: You have a strong history of analyzing the current state of business processes and improving them to be scalable systems. You can adeptly create systems that guide teams towards defined goals. You proactively apply your previous learning to improve systems and processes, and are eager to take on ownership of the improvements you build. The ownership you demonstrate over your work translates into a path towards leadership in the company.
Benefits at Athennian
- The opportunity to build a career of value.
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations.
- No micromanaging here, we believe in our employees’ skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team.
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, AD&D benefits after 3 months for you and your family, fully covered! Virtual healthcare. Preferred rates with wellness providers.
- All of our employees are eligible to participate in stock options from day one.
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours and the ability to work from your home office.
- Generous vacation/sick/flex days.
- Team building events that not only include you as an Athennian employee but also your significant other and children.
- New MacBook Air for all employees.