Athennian is hiring for an exciting position to accelerate our momentum with a strong focus on the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) market. The Director, Community Success is a dynamic role with a mission to support the corporate law clerk/paralegal community through education, training, social events, and thought leadership.
You will leverage your past experience as a senior corporate law clerk or corporate services manager in a law firm or in-house setting to become a leader in the transformation of legal services. On a daily basis, you will help Athennian users learn how to leverage our technology and resources to be more successful at work through product support, training documentation, social events and learning programs.
Learning and Support:
- Collaborate with the Product, Sales, Marketing and Delivery teams to understand customer challenges to develop and deliver effective learning and support systems to enhance customer use of the software.
- Represent and advocate for the national, regional and local requirements of users to Athennian’s internal teams.
- Assist customers with drafting manuals and other self-learning/practice materials.
- Ensure that all users are aware of new features and capabilities released by Athennian.
- Support large customers through deployment and migrations when moving from their current software to Athennian.
- Help influence the product roadmap by understanding what problems customers want our products to solve next.
- Organize and host social events such as lunches and socials to help our customers network to create relationships between users working in different organizations.
- Manage the reputation of Athennian in the GTA to ensure that our brand presence is consistent and positive.
- Ensure that Athennian is represented on panels, speaking events, and other thought leadership opportunities in the GTA.
- Establish and maintain relationships with localIPMA, ILCO and other relevant professional associations.
- Support the sales team by attending in-person product demonstrations.
- Work with our partners on sales opportunities and to strengthen partnerships.
- Identify law firms or legal departments that may be interested in moving to Athennian from their current software.
- 10 or more years experience as a senior corporate law clerk or corporate services manager in a law firm or in-house setting.
- Experience working with more than one corporate database such as Corplink, EnAct,GlobalAct, ALF or Emergent.
- Have a professional network in the corporate services community demonstrated by participation in professional associations such as ILCO and IPMA.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Aptitude for learning new software quickly together with a keen interest in developing your technical skills.
- Experience providing training and education to corporate law clerks/paralegals.
- Ability to maximize the use of software to assist customers in streamlining various corporate functions and transactions.
- Experience and a desire to help people learn new skills and tools.
- Ability to create/draft content for manuals/notices to be used for training, learning or communications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills together with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Advanced fluency in English essential (French a strong asset).
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, as required.
- Excel in a fast-paced, high growth environment with the ability to be highly flexible.
- Detail-oriented with excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and identify issues quickly and refer for handling, as required.
- Quarterly travel to our headquarters in Calgary to team-wide meetings.
- Travel to Montreal, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, and Boston to meet with existing customers.
How to Apply
- Please submit your resume and a 1-page cover letter
- Remote work and flexible location options available
- Salary competitive to experience level
Athennian is the first cloud-based legal entity and corporate records management platform. By integrating modern technologies such as document automation, eSign, virtual minute books and direct e-file integrations with corporate registries, Athennian is being adopted rapidly by both law firm and in-house customers. Come build the future of corporate services with us!
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus scheme
- Vacation & paid time off
- Parental leave
- Stock options
- Work from home opportunities
- Casual dress
- Wellness programs
- Company events & social hours