Looking to work for an awesome team? You've come to the right place! Our developers are a tight-knit group, and we are pushing for substantial product development as we continue to grow the team in the next year. We value passion for quality, maintainable, and scalable code, and for building awesome products.
Athennian is an organization of people who are passionate about learning, building and sharing software to transform the legal industry.
We are a Canadian-owned and operated global entity management (GEM) platform. Athennian is the first cloud-based GEM platform, and the only product of its kind that can assemble a full-suite of corporate secretary documents such as resolutions, consents, ledgers, and registers (in the US and global markets).
Athennian’s clients include large law firms and in-house legal, tax and compliance departments of large corporations, limited partnerships and trusts.
- Work within a team environment to assist in the design and development of a variety of micro-services and client-facing projects.
- Assist with complex customer data migrations using SQL and NoSQL.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software applications
- Identify problem areas in code and suggest solutions on how to tackle
- Assist in evaluating technology choices and rapidly test solutions
- Develop scalable systems with performance and security in mind
- Develop solutions that are maintainable, scalable and performance.
- Help identify and solve application issues experienced by customers
- Collaborate closely with team members in an agile environment.
- Assist in mentoring junior developers with the team.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- Assist in making large architectural decisions that will help make our stack more robust and efficient
- Write and maintain high quality and well-documented code
- Select, develop, and implement core technologies across a variety of projects (front-end and back-end)
Who You Are:
- Solid understanding of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, MSSQL, etc.)
- Experience working with NoSQL like MongoDB
- Solid experience writing RESTful API endpoints
- Experience with Linux + terminal
- Experience with NodeJS
- Passion for producing solid, efficient and manageable code
- Knowledge of security best practices
- A love for learning and staying on top of the latest in web development.
Bonus Points For:
- Ability to work with other programming languages - (C/C++/C#/Java)
- Experience with AWS technologies - EC2
- Experience with unit testing and testing frameworks
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value.
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations.
- No micromanaging here, we believe in our employees’ skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team.
- Full health benefits after 3 months for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your paycheque.
- All of our employees are eligible to participate in stock options from day one.
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours and the ability to work from your home office.
- Team building events that not only include you as an Athennian employee but your significant other and children as well.
Athennian is the first cloud-based legal entity and corporate records management platform. By integrating modern technologies such as document automation, eSign, virtual minute books and direct e-file integrations with corporate registries, Athennian is being adopted rapidly by both law firm and in-house customers. Come build the future of corporate services with us!
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to careers [at] athennian.com.